“Improvisation for Strings” is a complete introduction to all the concepts of improv in different styles. 72 pages, with a mass of online video and audio clips, it teaches through exercises such topics as ostinato, compositional techniques, rhythm bowing, chopping, modal playing, leading notes and much, much more.
– 80 pages (see 4 examples below)
– more than 250 classic Grappelli licks (short phrases)
– simple tips on chords and timing
– learn the licks on all popular gypsy jazz keys
– backing tracks by gypsy guitarist Paulus Schäfer
– 9 solos and dozens of sample phrases by Tim Kliphuis
OUT OF STOCK – more available on request.
– 74 pages (see 4 examples below)
– simple theory of improvisation
– stylistic tips and licks
– technical exercises
– CD with backing tracks
– solos and sample phrases by Tim Kliphuis