The current Friday and Saturday classes (7:30PM Amsterdam time) are full but new classes are being added.
Sign up to be invited for the next Improve your Improv masterclass:
– need some golden practice tips?
– struggle with certain tunes?
– want to be inspired by fellow students?
Then this masterclass is for you! One song per class, carefully selected with student feedback. Tim Kliphuis’ treatment of these songs followed by one-on-one lessons with each participant (15 players maximum).
* You get:
– an invitation to attend the Zoom meetings with a link, no download required.
– the chance to vote for your favourite songs
– workshops lasting 2 to 3 hours depending on number of participants.
– the song charts with correct chords, and backing track links for personal study.
– a video of Tim playing the song.
– the full recording of the masterclass.
“Improvisation for Strings – a Practical Guide for Classical Players” is a complete introduction to all the concepts of improv in different styles, with technical (bowing) tips, lots of practical exercises to improve timing, melodic and harmonic awareness, as well as sound and video clips. A creative tool for classical string players.
BUY : The “Grappelli Licks” book. With over 250 classic gypsy jazz licks, sample solos and backing tracks in the popular keys, this is THE most direct way to sound like Grappelli. Add the best-seller “Gypsy Jazz Violin” for a full introduction into the style.
BUY two inspiring gypsy jazz CDs: “The Grappelli Album”(the best repertoire from the Django years PLUS 5 Grappelli originals) and “Rock Django” (Django Reinhardt’s approach to the hits of the seventies).